ASA Mission Statement: "It is the mission of ASA to foster the physical, mental and emotional growth and development of the state of Arizona's youth through the sport of soccer at all levels, ages and competition level."
- Promote and further develop the game of soccer.
- Organize and govern the game of soccer for youth under the age of 19 in the state of Arizona.
- Develop the game in non-affiliated areas within the state of Arizona
- Represent the state in all matters of organized youth soccer with regard to US Youth Soccer & USSF
- Assign administrative responsibilities to member organizations
- Provide programs for the membership as required
Arizona Soccer Assocation shall provide an equal opportunity to athletes, coaches, trainers, managers, administrators and officials to participate in youth soccer competitions without regard to that individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age or gender. Individuals serving on the Board of Directors or the committees of ASA shall be selected without regard to that individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age or gender.
ASA has eight (8) administrative, geographic regions. Each district has an elected commissioner that serves on the Board of Directors. The following are the eight (8) ASA Districts in detail:
- District I (North) – Maricopa County. Includes leagues/clubs north of Camelback Road.
- District I (South) – Maricopa County. Includes leagues/clubs south of Camelback Road.
- District II – Pima & Santa Cruz Counties
- District III – Cochise & Greenlee Counties
- District IV – Gila, Graham & Pinal Counties
- District V – Yuma County
- District VI – Lake Havasu, Mohave & La Paz Counties
- District VII – Coconino, Yavapai, Apache & Navajo Counties
GOALS & HISTORY:
The goal of ASA is to introduce and foster the sport of soccer throughout the state of Arizona. This includes youth of all abilities, genders, ages and skill levels. This includes:
- Assist in the development of all youth players.
- Expand the sport into regions of Arizona where soccer is not currently being played at the youth level.
- Increase membership from 43,000 in 2015/16 to over 50,000 by 2016/17 through teams and programs.