MISSION & DIRECTION:
Founded in 1974, the Arizona Youth Soccer Association has played a significant role in expanding youth soccer throughout the state of Arizona. During that time, AYSA has moved from an organization operated by its Board of Directors from their homes to a Phoenix based office with five full-time and one part-time staff.
“It is the mission of the AYSA to foster the physical, mental and emotional growth and development of the state of Arizona’s youth through the sport of soccer at all levels of age and competition.”
· Promote and further develop the game of soccer.
· Organize and govern the game of soccer for youth under the age of 19 in the state of Arizona.
· Assign administrative responsibilities to member organizations.
· Develop the game in non-affiliated areas within the state of Arizona.
· Provide programs for the membership as required.
· Represent the state in all matters of organized youth soccer with regard to US Youth Soccer, US Soccer and interested parties.
The AYSA shall provide an equal opportunity to athletes, coaches, trainers, managers, administrators and officials to participate in youth soccer competitions without regard to that individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age or gender. Individuals serving on the Board of Directors or the committees of AYSA shall be selected without regard to that individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age or gender.
AYSA has eight (8) administrative, geographic regions. Each district has an elected commissioner that serves on the Board of Directors. The following are the eight (8) AYSA Districts in detail:
· District I (North) – Maricopa County. Includes leagues/clubs north of Camelback Road.
· District I (South) – Maricopa County. Includes leagues/clubs south of Camelback Road.
· District II – Pima & Santa Cruz Counties
· District III – Cochise & Greenlee Counties
· District IV – Gila, Graham & Pinal Counties
· District V – Yuma County
· District VI – Lake Havasu, Mohave & La Paz Counties
· District VII – Coconino, Yavapai, Apache & Navajo Counties
GOALS & HISTORY:
The goal of AYSA is to introduce and foster the sport of soccer throughout the state of Arizona. This includes youth of all abilities, genders, ages and skill levels. This includes:
· Increase membership from 37,000 in 2012-13 to 50,000 by 2015-16 through community based teams and programs.
· Assist in the development of all youth players.
· Expand the sport into regions of Arizona where soccer is not currently being played at the youth level.