Saturday, April 6, 2013 - 10:15am
Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 10:15am
Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 10:15am
Jewish Community Center (JCC)
12701 N.Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale 85254
Cross Streets: Scottsdale Road and Sweetwater
MEDICAL RELEASE FORM (Must be submitted)
What is TOPSoccer?
TOPSoccer (The Outreach Program for Soccer) is a community based program that is designed to meet the needs of children and young adults that have physical and/or intellectual disabilities.The program is geared towards player development rather than to competition .The program is designed to bring the opportunity of learning and playing soccer to anyone aged 5 and older, who has a mental or physical disability.
The basis of TOPSoccer is a modified version of the game of soccer, specifically altered to allow full participation and enjoyment for each athlete.
What are the program’s benefits?
1. Development of motor skills and improved physical fitness.
2. Promotes social skills by teaching teamwork and cooperation
3. Provides safe participation and fair play.
4. Develops positive self-concepts through experiences in discipline, initiative and achievement, which encourage children to fully realize their potential.
5. To have FUN!
Who is eligible for TOPSoccer?
Any player aged 5 and older having a physical or mental disability that limits their ability to perform at the level of play they have chosen to participate. Emphasis of this program is on development, training, and providing meaningful participation rather than on competition.
How is TOPSoccer Similar to Typical Soccer Programs?
• Players are coached
• Rewarding to everyone who participates
For further information, please contact AYSA TopSoccer Co Coordinator, Laila Modi.
Tel: 480 330 5050. firstname.lastname@example.org